Prepare for Your Doctor Visit: Ménière's Disease
Your doctor needs to know details about your symptoms. Here are some questions he or she may ask:
- Do you have dizziness (vertigo) off and on or all the time?
- When did your symptoms begin?
- Did your symptoms begin after an injury?
- Do your symptoms get worse after taking medication? If so, which medication causes this?
- Do you have ringing (tinnitus) in one or both ears?
- Do you have trouble hearing from time to time?
- Do you feel pressure or have pain in one or both ears?
Here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- What should I do during an attack of dizziness?
- What treatment do you recommend for my condition?
- How long before I’ll notice results?
- How does a change in diet help lessen my symptoms?
- What medications can help relieve or stop an attack?
- How effective are they?
- Do they have side effects, risks, or complications?
- Will I need surgery?
- What are the side effects, risks, or complications of surgery?
- Can Meniett therapy help relieve my symptoms?
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor.
Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
Last updated: 22 Sep 2010