Prepare for Your Doctor Visit
Be prepared to discuss the specifics of your fainting with your doctor.
Answers to the following 8 questions may help your doctor determine the cause of your unexplained fainting:
- Have you had an unexplained fainting spell?
- When did your fainting begin?
- How many fainting spells have you had over the last 2 years?
- About how long is it between fainting spells?
- What were you doing before you fainted?
- Does your job put you at risk for fainting?
- Have you been monitored or tested to find the cause of your fainting?
- Are you receiving treatment for fainting spells like medication or lifestyle changes, but the treatment is not helping?
Some questions you could ask your doctor are:
- Could fainting be related to my heart?
- What tests are needed to find out why I faint? What will the tests show?
- Should I see a heart specialist doctor to help determine the cause of fainting?
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor.
Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
Last updated: 22 Sep 2010